Collagen peptides are the subgroups obtained from collagen which is one of the most interesting degradable polymers. Furthermore it is the major component of all connective tissue matrixes which is found in tissues such as skin, blood vessels, bone, tendon, and ligament, and is characterized by tremendous strength.
Collagen Bio-materials for Regenerative Medicine Field;
– Cardiology (heart valve)
– Dermatology (for skin replacement, augmentation of soft tissue, skin tissue engineering, artificial skin dermis)
– Surgery (as hemostatic agent, wound repair and dressing, nerve repair, blood vessel prostheses)
– Orthopedic (tendon, bone and ligament repair, cartilage reconstruction)
– Ophthalmology (corneal grafts, contact lenses)
– Urology (dialysis membrane hemodialysis, sphincter repair)
– Vascular (vascular graft, vessel replacement)
Collagen is the plentiful protein in the human body which is the main structural protein in the extracellular matrix in the various connective tissues. As the main component of connective tissue, it is the most abundant protein in mammals, making up from 25% to 35% of the whole-body protein content.
Collagen Research Center is working with this treasury to make collagen more effective for civilization.